Below are some brief notes we took on the Logan Wines we sampled on Thursday evening. The run away favourite on the night was the Weemala Shiraz Viognier with the Apple Tree Flat Semillon and Logan Sauvignon tied for favourite white.
- Apple Tree Flat Semillon Sauvignon Blanc 2011 : Fresh and grassy nose. Vibrant palate with grapefruit and citrus.
- Weemala Pinot Gris 2011 : Pear, mandarin and melon on the nose. Spicy quince and lemon notes with long finish.
- Logan Sauvignon Blanc 2011 : Grapefruit and minerality dominate this wine, fresh and lively on the palate with a lingering finish. A very more-ish white.
- Apple Tree Flat Merlot 2010 : Aromas and flavours of baked plums and herby notes. Soft tannins and surprising length.
- Apple Tree Flat Shiraz 2009 : Bright spicy raspberry and damson aromas and flavours. Softer than most Shiraz!
- Weemala Merlot 2009 : Cherries, violets, dark chocolate and plum aromas and flavours on a medium full palate. A wine to rekindle your love of Merlot!
- Weemala Shiraz Viognier 2009 : Aromas of raspberry, violets, spice and crushed red flowers. Red and dark berry flavours are complimented by liquorice.
- Logan Shiraz 2009 : White & black pepper notes over blackberry fruit on the nose. The palate has plum, allspice and star anise on a soft plush and rich palate.
- Logan Moscato 2010 : Aromas of passion fruit, grapefruit, rose and lychee. Semi sweet with a light uplifting fizzante and a lingering ginger, honey and lime finish.